- Press Releases
- The BIG PICTURE in 60 seconds
- Govt. Spending & Budgets
- Water & Treatment Plant
- NH Right to Know Law & City Transparency
- Did You Know?
- Other Issues
- Meeting Info
- A View From The Press Box #5 February 5, 2014In the 5th Edition of “A View From The Press Box” I feature a few photos from Monday night’s City Council meeting (Feb. 3) This recent meeting lasted less than three hours, making it the quickest council this year so far. Despite its length, the meeting featured plenty of debate on several hot button issues […]
- A View From The Press Box #4 January 22, 2014In the 4th Edition of “A View From The Press Box” I feature a few photos from Monday night’s City Council meeting (Jan. 21) Similar to the council’s first gathering earlier this month, the meeting lasted nearly five hours and featured plenty of debate on several hot button issues such as development, parking and the […]
- A View From The Press Box #3 January 14, 2014In the 3rd Edition of “A View From The Press Box” I feature a few photos from the first official City Council meeting held Jan. 13. The meeting, which lasted nearly five hours, featured extensive discussion on how development is impacting the downtown. A View From The Press Box will feature occasional photos that I […]
- A View From The Press Box #2 January 10, 2014In the 2nd Edition of “A View From The Press Box” I feature a few photos I was able to snap during the Jan. 9 work session between the Planning Board, Historic District Commission and Economic Development Commission. The work session involved the highly anticipated North End Project, which involves a WholeFoods, a hotel, conference […]
- A View From The Press Box January 9, 2014Welcome to a new series I’ll be kicking off here on the Portsmouth City Blog. A View From The Press Box will feature occasional photos that I take right from my seat in the Press Box at Portsmouth City Hall. I must spend hours upon hours sitting in Council Chambers covering everything from council business […]
- City releases Annual Report January 6, 2014Want to know how many DWI arrests local police made in Fiscal Year 2013? How about how many fire calls the Fire Department responded to? For answers to these questions and more check out the city’s FY13 Annual Report at http://www.cityofportsmouth.com/annualreport/AnnualReport2013.pdf […]
- Holiday Parking Help December 4, 2013With the holiday’s fast approaching, here is some useful information that may help you as you attempt to navigate downtown Portsmouth looking for that elusive parking space. 1. Visit www.parkportsmouth.com for anything and everything to do with parking in Portsmouth, NH. 2. Beginning Dec. 16, motorists will be allowed to park for free at all […]
- Who gave what to who in the 2013 City Council election? November 20, 2013Here’s a look at the many campaign contributions claimed by candidates in the Nov. 5 municipal election…Enjoy Josh Denton Peter & Kathleen Somssich – $200 Julie & Cameron Parke – $300 Larry Drake – $100 Joe Plaia – $100 Robert & Elaine Denton – $500 Marc Denton – $575 Ariel Masafy – $100 Brett & […]
- City Council Endorsements October 30, 2013Here’s a look at “Who’s endorsed Who” The Portsmouth Professional Fire Fighters Local 1313 and Fire Officers Local 4039 *Josh Denton, Chris Dwyer, Robert Lister, Esther Kennedy, Gibson “Mike” Kennedy, Stefany Shaheen, Eric Spear, Jim Splaine and Ken Smith. Portsmouth Herald *Stefany Shaheen, Gibson “Mike” Kennedy, Eric Spear, Steve Taylor, Brad Lown, Chris D […]
- Local business endorses City Council candidates October 21, 2013The Portsmouth Health Food Store is endorsing a specific slate of candidates in the upcoming City Council election. The candidates were selected based on their “deep commitment to Smart Development and preservation of the city’s historic character” Candidates endorsed by PHF include: Esther Kennedy, Bob Lister, Ken Smith, Jim Splaine, Jack Thorsen, Joe Calda […]
- A View From The Press Box #5 February 5, 2014
Category Archives: News
Friday, 11 November 2005 Foster’s Michael Goot covers election results where John Hynes credits the APT slate with having influence. Click here to read the article. Published November 9, 2005.
Contributed by APT Editors Monday, 26 September 2005 Emily Aronson of the Portsmouth Herald covers the APT’s petition to change the charter to require a 2/3 council vote to pass the annual budget. Martin Cameron, Chairman of the Charter Change … Continue reading
Friday, 09 September 2005 Joe Adler of the Portsmouth Herald covers the September 8th APT meeting where APT members discuss the budget and budget-making process with City Manager John Bohenko. Click here to read the article. Published September 9, 2004.
Tuesday, 14 June 2005 The Mayor claims Councilors Marchand and Raynolds, who are attempting to rein in the police budget, are not responsible for their own actions and that the APT is “telling them what to do.” Click here to … Continue reading
Wednesday, 22 June 2005 A Portsmouth Herald Editorial agrees with the APT’s position that the Mayor and City Council are elected to be accountable for city spending. Neil Novello, Acting President, is quoted. Click here to read the editorial. Published … Continue reading
Wednesday, 08 June 2005 Emily Aronson of the Portsmouth Herald, quotes the APT as standing firm in supporting no more than a 4% increase in the FY2006 budget. All Councilors except St. Laurent wish to spend more. Marchand is still … Continue reading
Michael Goot of Foster’s Daily Democrat covers the APT’s response to the City Council asking City Manager John Bohenko to submit budgets with a 4% spending limit. Click here to read the article. Published February 17, 2005.
Saturday, 15 January 2005 In a letter to the editor, the APT thanks its former President, Bill St. Laurent, and congratulates him on his move to City Council. Click here to read the editorial. Published January 15, 2005.
Contributed by APT Editors Thursday, 16 December 2004 Congratulations to former APT President Bill St. Laurent, Portsmouth’s newest City Council member.When Assistant Mayor, Alex Hanson, stepped down from the council to relocate to Florida, Bill was next in line because … Continue reading
Monday, 27 September 2004 Joe Adler of the Portsmouth Herald discusses the Budget Hearing process with City Officials and APT Officers. Click here to read the article. Published September 27, 2004.