- Press Releases
- The BIG PICTURE in 60 seconds
- Govt. Spending & Budgets
- Water & Treatment Plant
- NH Right to Know Law & City Transparency
- Did You Know?
- Other Issues
- Meeting Info
- Holiday Parking Help December 4, 2013With the holiday’s fast approaching, here is some useful information that may help you as you attempt to navigate downtown Portsmouth looking for that elusive parking space. 1. Visit www.parkportsmouth.com for anything and everything to do with parking in Portsmouth, NH. 2. Beginning Dec. 16, motorists will be allowed to park for free at all […]
- Who gave what to who in the 2013 City Council election? November 20, 2013Here’s a look at the many campaign contributions claimed by candidates in the Nov. 5 municipal election…Enjoy Josh Denton Peter & Kathleen Somssich – $200 Julie & Cameron Parke – $300 Larry Drake – $100 Joe Plaia – $100 Robert & Elaine Denton – $500 Marc Denton – $575 Ariel Masafy – $100 Brett & […]
- City Council Endorsements October 30, 2013Here’s a look at “Who’s endorsed Who” The Portsmouth Professional Fire Fighters Local 1313 and Fire Officers Local 4039 *Josh Denton, Chris Dwyer, Robert Lister, Esther Kennedy, Gibson “Mike” Kennedy, Stefany Shaheen, Eric Spear, Jim Splaine and Ken Smith. Portsmouth Herald *Stefany Shaheen, Gibson “Mike” Kennedy, Eric Spear, Steve Taylor, Brad Lown, Chris D […]
- Local business endorses City Council candidates October 21, 2013The Portsmouth Health Food Store is endorsing a specific slate of candidates in the upcoming City Council election. The candidates were selected based on their “deep commitment to Smart Development and preservation of the city’s historic character” Candidates endorsed by PHF include: Esther Kennedy, Bob Lister, Ken Smith, Jim Splaine, Jack Thorsen, Joe Calda […]
- NH Film Festival lineup – “Best Program Yet” October 8, 2013The buzz has begun! Some of the biggest stars of the silver screen will be in front of Portsmouth crowds next weekend, October 17–20, for the 13th Annual New Hampshire Film Festival. Kate Winslet, Adrien Grenier, Josh Brolin, Ralph Fiennes, Elijah Wood, Jason Sudeikis, Keri Russell and Tobey Maguire are just a few of the […]
- City turns to Twitter September 18, 2013To capture all of the City’s departments’ tweets, the City’s IT Department has created a Twitter feed which is now shown on the City’s homepage, http://www.cityofportsmouth.com, as a clickable dropdown menu called “Tweets from City Departments”. This Twitter feed consists of tweets from the following: Fire, Parking, Planning (which includes Form Based Zoning […]
- Do you want to help Preserve Portsmouth? August 13, 2013A small, albeit vocal, group of citizens are joining together on Facebook for one common cause; to Preserve Portsmouth. The group, known as Preserve Portsmouth 2013, is heavily focused on the impacts development is having on the historic city and its residents. If you care about “preserving” Portsmouth, check out this Facebook group at: https://www.facebook. […]
- A busy month ahead for Pease Greeters July 30, 2013The Pease Greeters will welcome a handful of flights this August. The Greeters, which is an organization of volunteers who attend landings and takeoffs of all military flights at the Portsmouth International Airport at Pease, are expected to welcome a flight on Aug. 8 at 6:10 a.m. The times of each flight are subject to […]
- When is the High-Hanover Parking Garage full? June 26, 2013A local resident has created a Web site that keeps track of when the city’s High Hanover Parking Garage is considered FULL. Check out Paul Finn’s site www.isthegaragefull.com www.isthegaragefull.com […]
- Top Employers in Portsmouth in 2012 March 12, 20131. Portsmouth Consular Center – 1,380 2. City of Portsmouth – 1,339 3. Liberty Mutual – 1,013 4. Lonza Biologics – 660 5. John Hancock – 400 6. Thermo Fischer – 280 7. Direct Capital – 180 8. Alpha Flying / PlaneSense – 250 9. Newmarket International – 217 10. LabCorp – 225 11. Bottomline […]
- Holiday Parking Help December 4, 2013
Category Archives: News
Friday, 11 November 2005 Foster’s Michael Goot covers election results where John Hynes credits the APT slate with having influence. Click here to read the article. Published November 9, 2005.
Contributed by APT Editors Monday, 26 September 2005 Emily Aronson of the Portsmouth Herald covers the APT’s petition to change the charter to require a 2/3 council vote to pass the annual budget. Martin Cameron, Chairman of the Charter Change … Continue reading
Friday, 09 September 2005 Joe Adler of the Portsmouth Herald covers the September 8th APT meeting where APT members discuss the budget and budget-making process with City Manager John Bohenko. Click here to read the article. Published September 9, 2004.
Tuesday, 14 June 2005 The Mayor claims Councilors Marchand and Raynolds, who are attempting to rein in the police budget, are not responsible for their own actions and that the APT is “telling them what to do.” Click here to … Continue reading
Wednesday, 22 June 2005 A Portsmouth Herald Editorial agrees with the APT’s position that the Mayor and City Council are elected to be accountable for city spending. Neil Novello, Acting President, is quoted. Click here to read the editorial. Published … Continue reading
Wednesday, 08 June 2005 Emily Aronson of the Portsmouth Herald, quotes the APT as standing firm in supporting no more than a 4% increase in the FY2006 budget. All Councilors except St. Laurent wish to spend more. Marchand is still … Continue reading
Michael Goot of Foster’s Daily Democrat covers the APT’s response to the City Council asking City Manager John Bohenko to submit budgets with a 4% spending limit. Click here to read the article. Published February 17, 2005.
Saturday, 15 January 2005 In a letter to the editor, the APT thanks its former President, Bill St. Laurent, and congratulates him on his move to City Council. Click here to read the editorial. Published January 15, 2005.
Contributed by APT Editors Thursday, 16 December 2004 Congratulations to former APT President Bill St. Laurent, Portsmouth’s newest City Council member.When Assistant Mayor, Alex Hanson, stepped down from the council to relocate to Florida, Bill was next in line because … Continue reading
Monday, 27 September 2004 Joe Adler of the Portsmouth Herald discusses the Budget Hearing process with City Officials and APT Officers. Click here to read the article. Published September 27, 2004.